Matrix Insights is a learning technology company transforming the way leaders and teams level up. Our growing team is dedicated to the idea that learning is a super power, and we are devoted to putting world class, hyper-personalized tools into the hands of talent managers, educators and coaches who guide and nurture the development of others.
An energetic Business Development Executive with the desire, talent and tools to help us rapidly build new sales territories, and add to our sales expertise in 2022. The right candidate will have the opportunity in 2022 to be our next Lead Business Development Executive, to choose and manage a business development team of up to 3-5 additional hires as we scale new markets.
* Successful, energetic, self-motivated, accountable, persistent, creative and most of all, someone who believes in the fundamental power of learning to improve people, teams, tribes, and societies
* Experienced in the basics of prospecting, nurturing and closing new business relationships, with at least 2 years experience in a customer facing sales or business development role
* A proven closer, with the drive to help solve customer pain with effective solutions
* Equally able to think strategically, present to and compel C-Level executives, and then roll up your sleeves and get things done wherever and whatever that requires
* Familiar with the learning and development, talent management, executive coaching or higher education market(s)
* Track record of success in a sales, and/or business development role(s) who finds delight in building a funnel from scratch, and creating opportunities and revenue where once there was none
* Experience in the Talent Management, Learning & Development, Human Resources, Higher Education, or Coaching industries
* Self-starter with an internal drive (whatever you call it hunger, will, passion, calling) to make the world a better place
* Integrity and accountability: you say what you mean, and mean what you say, and treasure, preserve and protect that quality in those you serve and associate with
* Communication skills, most notably the ability to listen, read, and comprehend express and implied instruction, cues, and best practices around working with professional educators who specialize in the development of adult learners
* Growth mindset, open to new experiences, and eager to contribute to building something exciting that can change the world of work
* Desire to serve your customers, your team, and noble causes like building better workplaces
* Fundamental belief in the synergy of great teams, when joined our talents– aligned and committed to worthy goals– we exceed together what we could accomplish individually, what we call the 1+1=3 effect
* College Degree from an accredited institution
Nice to Have:
* Active membership in one or more professional communities our customers frequent, such as: ATD, OD Network, IFC, SHRM, NHRA, or SIOP (to name only a few)
* A large network of contacts in one or more of our target markets
* SAAS software experience
* Experience working in or around the domains of psychology, human development, coaching or higher education
* Degree in adult learning, psychology, business or marketing
* Network, prospect, and persistently evangelize our technology, our team, our revolutionary methods, and all the developmental benefits they entail
* Generate leads, enthusiasm, meetings, proposals and revenue
* Document your progress as we go, because you believe that an unrecorded lead is no lead at all, and a meeting without minutes may as well as never happened
* Pursue hot leads, and distinguish unqualified leads from qualified leads
* Write proposals for enterprise, higher ed., and coaching customers/affiliates, and clearly document the terms, as well as present, explain and illustrate all the motivations for affiliating with our company, and employing our products
* Assist in architecting learning and development solutions that solve customer pain, and serve communities of learners who use our application(s)
* Unlimited PTO
* Work from Anywhere
* Competitive Comp, consistent with Experience, and Performance, target compensation mid-six figures for passionate, dedicated candidates
* Personal Development (time devoted each month to developing you, with personal development, Coaching and Accountability partnership from trained Coaches)
* You will have pride in helping change the world of work by making it easier, faster and more effective to build better leaders teams, and tribes
Why Will You Love Matrix Insights?
* A collaborative, flexible work environment
* Flexible PTO/vacation days
* Internet bill reimbursements
* Matrix Insights provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What’s the hiring process?
Step 1: Apply online by completing our Application Form
Step 2: After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
Step 3: If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
Does Matrix Insights support remote work?
We are a remote first company, even before the pandemic made that necessary. We believe talented, committed people find ways to achieve and succeed wherever they are, however they collaborate. When the pandemic subsides and personal safety concerns abate, we will gather and congregate in ways that strengthen our culture and our commitments. We will always remain a predominantly virtual team, open to adding talent from anywhere in the world.
Who is Matrix Insights?
Matrix Insights builds the next generation of learning technology to offer engaging, scalable, economical learning experiences. Our Leadership Dashboard is used by enterprise companies including those in the Fortune 500, top universities, training firms, and foundations, around the world to provide collaborative/social learning experiences to adult learners. These learning experiences replicate in-person learning experiences such as workshops that have traditionally been hard to bring online. Leadership and team oriented learning are not only built into our product, but also the DNA of our company. We have a collaborative team with a passion for learning and an amazing culture.
Are you interested in working with a talented mission-driven team? Are you inspired by building products that delight users and solve hard problems? If so, this may be your dream job.